Co-Op, RF Test Engineer
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Our Spring 2022 Engineering Co-Op program lasts from January 3, 2022 to June 24, 2022 at our Boston, MA headquarters. As temporary full-time Starry employees, Co-Ops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays. RF Test Engineer Co-Ops continue to be onsite at our headquarters with COVID-19 precautions in place, but some Co-Ops have the option to be fully remote. We also offer housing assistance to those outside the Boston metropolitan area, so we encourage students from all over the US to apply!
Position Overview: This is a great co-op for someone who is interested in Analog circuits, RF, and Wireless Communication Systems. Our team is packed with intelligent, motivated people, both great young rising stars and some passionate fun loving veterans. This role will have plenty of learning opportunities. As a member of the Test Engineering team you will have the opportunity to do the following.
- Design and automate tests to verify RF Circuit boards
- Work on RF system architecture
- Learn about wireless communications
- Make meaningful contributions to Starry's radio designs and get the opportunity to see your work be used by customers
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.